Two buck USB 1600DPI Wired Optical Mouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two buck USB 1600DPI Wired Optical Mouse

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Tale of two mice... Ok, my $10 Logitech mouse's scroll wheel went wonky after one year. Amazing how much one gets used to that little convenience as I sure remember using some really basic ball type mice without a scroll wheel. Found two reasonable looking options on ebay. One a new surplus Dell mouse from somebody here in states for $6 shipped. And a new no-name mouse on slow boat from China for $2.17 shipped, it got my attention cause it claimed to be 1600dpi so thinking its possibly as responsive as cheap brandname mouse. My luck with no-name mice is not good, they usually arent as responsive and have very short life. Also I needed one sooner than later so ordered the Dell which worked fine and much like a low end Logitech or Microsoft mouse. But curious also ordered the Chinese white mouse.

Got it couple days ago. Looked bit cheaper and its little different shape. Tried it. Works as well as any other low end mouse so far. Cant speak as to its longevity, though I wasnt impressed with longevity of last two Logitech mice with one to two year lifespan, so probably no worse than that. And it does have the excuse of being small fraction of the price of the others.

Just saying if you want to save money on your next utilitarian mouse, you might gamble on one of these.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://homesteadtinkerer.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Two buck USB 1600DPI Wired Optical Mouse

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:02 am

Ok, need to point out the spring weakened on left clicker button. Its still usable but annoying. Still tracks beautifully. At same time got a new Dell mouse. Buttons on it click fine, but it no longer tracks properly.

Ordered couple new different 1600dpi mice under $3 each from China, cause the ones from USA seem lot higher priced with no better longevity. Will report on them when I get them. Got the idea that 1600 dpi is good thing, but be really nice if somebody would engineer mice to last. Cant be that hard to design a basic cheap mouse that would pretty much last the life of a desktop pc.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://homesteadtinkerer.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top